EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ACTRESSES KATE DAVIES!




Hello! We have an exclusive interview with a long time friend of mine and talented actress Kate Davies! Definitely a pleasure to have this young lady on our blog to do this interview and to provide us with a little insight into her world as an actress! 

Q1: Hello Kate! Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us. Please introduce yourself to our readers. Tell us about yourself? Where are you from? 

KD: Hello, thanks for sending me your questions, I’ve made a cup of tea so I’m happy to sit here and plow through them. I’m Kate Davies or RealKateDavies (on twitter) I am an actress from Bristol in England and it’s fantastic to meet you.

Q2: How long have you been acting? 

KD: I studied acting between the ages of 18 and 22 but I’ve been professional (earning money from acting) for 8 years now.

Q3: When did you acknowledge that acting was a career path that you desired to follow?

KD: I actually always wanted to be a cartoonist or to design video game characters, during my time studying art at college I auditioned for a production of ‘West Side Story’, got a fabulous part and fell in love with drama. I was 18 at the time and I changed my study path from art to drama as soon as I completed my A-Levels.


Q4: Was there a college that you attended that you studied acting or theatre as a major?

KD: I studied a BTEC and then an HND qualification at college, the college itself specialized in performing arts but it was not a credited drama school as such. This was not a University degree (more like taking two years of a degree course).

Q5: Are you working on any upcoming projects? Plays, Motion Pictures or short films for future release?

KD: I’ve just completed my third year touring theatre shows throughout Europe with two fantastic theatre companies (English Theatre Company and Clever-Pants Theatre Company) and although I’m working on a couple of short films (to add to my show-reel) my next major audition is in August for a part in a British horror feature film.



Q6: What are some of your biggest inspirations for acting? What do you aspire to achieve with your career? 

KD: My inspiration is simply the job itself, I am in love with acting, the people you meet, the places that it takes you. I enjoy the feeling of gratitude when you are employed to do something that you love. I strive to simply keep going, to experiment with new and exciting roles, to try things outside of my comfort zone and to change my physical appearance to suit the roles that I want. (For example, I’m currently training hard to achieve the correct physique to portray an army medical officer).

Q7: Are you looking to make the jump across the pond and do America based films in the future? Or do you want to stay strictly in the UK or International based films?

KD: If an opportunity ever presented itself and I was able to audition overseas then I would jump at it, never say never! A large amount of opportunity and success comes from selecting the right agent to find the castings and then having the guts to go for it.

Q8: When you're not on tour with acting and not rehearsing, what do you do in your down time? 

KD: I’m a qualified personal trainer, I like to keep fit and help others feel great.

Q9: Okay, big question for you here. Are you Playstation 3 girl, XBOX 360 girl, or Nintendo Wii girl? 

KD: I love all the consoles but mainly PS3 at the moment, I’m very excited about this year’s E3; particularly the Unreal 4 Engine and the latest adventures of my girl-crush Lara Croft!

Q10: Have you considered auditioning for the role of Lara Croft should they move forward with another live action adaptation of Tomb Raider? 

KD: If I could go up for the part I would gladly throw myself into it, I suspect that I’d be considered too old for the role now as she’s been ‘rebooted’ and redesigned as a younger model. I could maybe play the part of her mother or funky Tomb Raiding aunty…

Q11: What do you have in your playlists as far as tracks that you listen to the most? What are your favorite genres of music that you like to listen to? 

KD: OK, nerd alert! I listen to video game soundtracks, classical music, dub-step and general pop music… (I always listen to music when I go jogging)

Q12: Do you have any aspiration to take the director's chair for a project or projects in the near future? 

KD: I’ve offered my services to direct theatre shows, I’d be keen to direct for one of the Spanish companies that I have worked for but I can’t see myself directing for film at any point (I’d want to be acting too much!)

Q13: What are you most eager to experience in your career?

KD: One role that I’m after involves me having to partake in military boot camp training (loading guns, army drills etc) if I get the role I will be living my dream, I love anything like that!! I’d also just like a shot at auditioning for a major TV show even if they send me straight out of the door. All actors want their moment to prove themselves…

Q14: Any family members that are actors or actresses?

KD: No, thankfully, I think we’d all drive each other crazy!

Q15: Have you auditioned for any shows for the BBC before?

KD: I have auditioned for Casualty before; they were a really nice team.

Q16: Where would you want to be with your career 10 years from now?

KD: I’d like to be making film after film…After film!



Q17: Any places in the world that you have yet to travel to?

KD: I’ve done my fair share of traveling but haven’t yet been to South America, I’d particularly like to visit Peru at some point.

Q18: How do you feel about shooting a film in 3D? Would you be cool with seeing yourself in the third dimension?

KD: I would love it, not seeing myself in 3d (how unflattering!?) but I’d enjoy the process because it looks so fun. I’m a fan of Mila Jovovich and I enviously read her tweets about filming Resident Evil in 3D, what a dream job? Although I still think the movies could be closer to the original games, I wont go off on one about that…

Q19: What is your favorite movie of all time?

KD: I will have to say…Kill Bill

Q20: What director would you love to work with on a production?

KD: Tarentino!!!!



Q21: And thank you for taking the time to do this interview. If possible, would you come back to do another interview with us in the future?

KD: My pleasure, thanks for making me feel important! Any time and thanks again, enjoy your weekend! X Kate

You can follow Kate on her twitter @RealKateDavies

Comments

Popular Posts